This accessibility statement applies to Qlu Oy's Kuulokuvat website and was prepared on 10/03/2021. The address of the website is https://hereuhear.com
Legal regulations concerning the website
This website was published after 23 September 2018. The service is subject to the act on the provision of digital services, which requires public online services to be accessible.
Concerning the accessibility of digital services, the goal of Qlu Oy is to achieve at least an AA level or a higher level in accordance with the WCAG v2.1 guidelines, when it is reasonably possible.
The accessibility assessment has been carried out using programmatic, manual, and external expert accessibility assessments. The programmatic assessment was done on the evaluation site https://web.dev. An NVDA screen reader was used for the manual assessment. The external expert audit of the website was performed by Avaava Oy on 10 August 2020.
The defects reported in the assessments and audits have been checked and, where necessary, corrected, except for the deficiencies found.
This website meets the critical accessibility requirements set by the act in accordance with WCAG v2.1 level AA with the following identified deficiencies.
The deficiencies identified
- The heat maps showing the quality maps are presented only graphically in the venue information on the website so the screen reader user does not receive detailed information about the image content. The existence of a quality map and the level of inspection of the venue are, however, stated on the website in the text just before the image is displayed.
- The map view provided by Google on the homepage shows the locations of the hearing environments on the map, but is not accessible and contains too many items to be read with a screen reader. There are, however, other ways to search for the hearing environments and to obtain address information. The search box next to the map and the list of venues displayed as a result of the search can be used. With the screen reader, it is possible to skip the map by scrolling through the titles.
- The green and blue buttons on the website have white text with too little contrast against the base colour. The contrast between the green button and white text is 2.2: 1, when it should be 4.5: 1.
- The Captcha robot verification provided by Google for forms on the website has a time limit, after which the selection expires and should then be re-selected to submit the form. The screen reader, however, is not notified of the expiration, this means it is not accessible. Verifications are placed near the end of the forms, giving the user as much time as possible to complete the form before the verification expires.
- The search fields on the homepage remember the most recently used search criteria when returning to the homepage, but the reuse of this criteria is not made clear to the user. The search criteria are in the text of the search box, but the texts do not clearly differ from the default texts in the fields.
Correcting the deficiencies
- The quality map images are not made accessible due to the unreasonable work that would be required to explain the images in text format. The existence of the map images and the level of inspection of the venue are, however, explained in the text.
- The map view on the homepage is not made available. A screen reader can skip the map by scrolling through the page titles and search for hearing environments using the search box.
- To correct the contrast between the green and blue buttons on the website, a high-contrast theme has been designed that the user can activate and deactivate on the top bar of the website.
- A correction has been designed for the Captcha robot verification to detect the expiration of a selection and to move the screen reader to the verification selection field to make a new selection.
- A new, easier-to-use version of the homepage search box has been designed, where previous search criteria stand out from the default view and the remembered criteria can be deleted with a single button.
Access to information in an accessible format
Content that cannot be accessed due to these shortcomings may be requested from the operator of this website. Qlu Oy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating the accessibility statement
The accessibility of the website is ensured every time there are changes in technology or content, as well as by periodic reviews. This statement will be updated in connection with website changes and accessibility checks.
Feedback and contact information
Qlu Oy (email@example.com) is responsible for the accessibility of the website.
Legal protection of accessibility, Implementation procedures
If a person feels that his or her notification or inquiry has not been answered or the response is unsatisfactory, the matter may be reported to the Regional State Administrative Agency. The Regional State Administrative Agency's website explains in detail how the matter will be handled.
Approval of the accessibility assessment
This assessment was approved on 11/03/2021 by Qlu Oy